Many real estate agents and brokerage firms seem to think that blogging is the way to go as far as marketing their services is concerned. In fact, Internet marketing has become one of the biggest pillars of lead generation as far as the property market is concerned, and blogging, being one of the best ways to generate traffic, is seen as one of the most effective ways to get leads into the sales funnel for many of these realtors.
The good folks at Zillow also blogged about this in particular –
Many real estate brokers are only starting to realize that the Internet is a highly effective channel to generate leads, and they have been scrambling to hire online marketing firms to capture online leads for them. These firms may be one of the following –
- SEO or search engine optimization specialists
- Social media agencies
- Online PR companies such as PRWeb
- Full service firms providing most or all of the above
I have also blogged about this earlier (read the blog post here). Online marketing (with respect to the real estate market) is definitely not child’s play. Masters of the game are able to generate traffic and create giant lists that they can leverage to provide on-demand traffic. In this game, the party with the biggest list normally wins.
If you are a property agent and you want to start a blog, consider the following:-
- How to drive traffic to your site: either using paid traffic methodologies such as PPC or media buys
- Your positioning – do you want to be a generalist, or a specialist in a certain niche of the property market?
- Posting platform – WordPress and Drupal are two most popular blogging platforms
- Link exchanges with other real estate sites
Once you have a clear plan in your mind then commit to blogging at least once a week, and build an audience. Once you have built a rapport with your readers then you will be able to market your services to them more effectively. Here are some of my favorite real estate blogs:-